Self Quarantine Log Day 2: 5 Lessons Learned

Jesus it’s only been two days but it feels like eternity. Technically I haven’t worked in-office since Friday and had the day off Monday so maybe that’s what is making it feel like longer. Today didn’t run as smoothly as our day did yesterday. There were plenty of lessons learned but here are my top 5.

1) Fix breakfasts and lunches the night before or at the very least decide what you’ll make. I waste time trying to figure out what to feed myself and these tiny humans and end up settling on finger foods which I’m now starting to run low on. It’s time to get creative and figure out a new plan. Also, I just want to eat junk food all day because all of the healthy stuff takes preparation, something I can’t stop for because I’m on the clock. So it’s either starve, clock out, eat garbage and feel terrible, or eat up our supply of healthy snacks in week one. Ugh. Tonight we plan!

2) Webinars go well with breakfast. The Twins are so sleepy at breakfast that I can get some things done while they are being quiet. Unfortunately this morning they also painted the table with yogurt so maybe this one isn’t 100% effective.

3) If you want to be productive, change out of your PJ’s. If I’d stayed in my PJ’s all day it would have been all too easy to fall into the temptation of saying, “I’ll clock out now and take a break then work some more later.” I know myself and that would have turned into, “Oh crap I didn’t make 40 hours this week and now I have to use PTO.” On top of that, it adds another layer of normalcy to my life. When work is done, I get to change into my PJ’s just like a regular day.

4) Crayola crayons will wash off of walls and can leave marks on faces. The Conqueror was back at it again with her coloring today. This time I was treated to a patch of the dining room wall being colored purple along with having a toddler with purple war paint…eh war crayon? Soap and water did the trick this time.

5) Do something completely unrelated to work after you clock out. I was so tense by the end of my work day that I was short tempered with the kids, the dogs, and myself. So we went outside and the girls played on the swings. At first I started listening to an Audiobook because it’s part of my regular routine but it felt too much like work so I switched to music. We started grooving and when the rain started we stayed out to play in it. It was a little cold but worth it.

Published by momvanconfessions

I’m just a first time Mom with 3 bonus kids, set of twins, 2 bad dogs, and a full time job who’s trying to get through parenthood and life without completely screwing it up.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: