If I have to write another post about my day I may poke my eyes out. We went outside. Chores were done. Fits were thrown. Work was done. Etc. Today I’d rather day dream about life after COVID-19. When this mess is over here’s some of what I’m going to do.
1) Go to a bookstore and wander. I wanted to do this before the virus but I’d love to have a chance to peruse the shelves of Barnes and Noble for an hour or two. Buying a book online but I love the immediacy of having it in my hand right there. Also, I’m so weird about books that online shopping for them usually just frustrates me and I give up.
2) Throw a party. I miss my friends so much! Phone calls and texts are great but they just aren’t cutting it. I have friends that I usually see almost every day and I haven’t seen them in over two weeks at this point. Other friends I haven’t seen in even longer. When this is all over everyone is getting hugs and we’re inviting them over to our no longer crappy back yard.
3) Take my babies out to play. My little ones miss the park. The parks around here are all covered in caution tape. I, of course, understand and respect the reasoning but it’s a sobering sight. I miss watching them climb and slide and giggle and chase each other around a big playground.
4) Celebrate with my work team. I miss my staff so much. They’re all wonderful people and have become like family over the years that we’ve been together. I’m so happy that when the time comes for us to open again I’ll be able to plan a couple of training days where everyone can be together.
5) Eat at a sit down restaurant! Good grief! I’m so tired of cooking and serving other people food. We don’t eat out often but I’m not used to cooking breakfast, lunch, and dinner for 4-6 people every day. I want someone to bring me a salty margarita and a plate full of tacos. I’m literally drooling thinking about it. I can’t even imagine other food because Mexican food is the best. Or maybe brunch?! Bottomless mimosas followed by a nap! That sounds heavenly!
What are you guys day dreaming about?